Chicago Hispanic Newspaper, Lawndale News, Hispanic Bilingual Newspapers, Su Noticiero Bilingue » Choose Chicago, United Airlines Announces Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Learning
Choose Chicago understands that while tourism and hospitality play a central role in the city’s workforce development and economic vitality, the talent and leadership of BIPOCs (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) are underrepresented in the tourism and hospitality industries. To that end, Choose Chicago is proud to partner with United Airlines on an all-new Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Learning Program, with support from Tourism Diversity Matters (TDM). United Airlines will fully fund this apprenticeship program for calendar year 2022, benefiting one lucky candidate selected to complete this competitive pilot program. The main requirements of the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) apprenticeship program are as follows:
• One (1) emerging professional from a BIPOC community will be selected for an apprenticeship that includes:
• Six hundred hours providing substantial experience working across multiple departments at Choose Chicago;
• Exposure to work with United Airlines for 4-6 weeks;
• Allowance paid during the program (minimum $17/hour) as well as the monthly transportation and meal allowance;
• Employment at the end of the program.
For more information and to find out how to apply for the apprenticeship program, visit: