Daily Inter Lake Daybook | Daily Inter Lac
FRIDAY June 25
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 am to 3 pm at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Homewood Suites, sponsored by First Interstate Bank.
• Bigfork Piecemakers Quilt Show from 10 am to 5 pm; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 26, Bigfork Elementary School, 600 Commerce Street. Vendors and shop, raffle. Free entry.
• Artists and Artisans at the 40th Annual Flathead Summer Arts and Crafts Show, 10 am to 5 pm today and Saturday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Flathead County Fairground Mall building. Free entry. Food trucks.
• The Glacier Pachyderm Club meets from noon to 1 pm, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. USS Montana Committee Chairman Bill Whitsitt will discuss the recently launched US rapid attack submarine; www.gcpachy.org
• Whitefish Woody Weekend from today to Sunday, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake Dock. Cruise parade tonight. Classic wooden boats on display from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays. Invited audience. Poker run Sunday.
SATURDAY June 26
• Big Arm Association Community Garage Sale on Saturdays 8 am to 4 pm at the Big Arm Historic School. Donations accepted; call Jeff from Nancy Foster, 849-5064. Rent a space for a $ 10 donation. Bring your own table.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today and Sunday, The Lodge at Whitoday. Invited audience. Poker run Sunday.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today and Sunday, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake Dock. Cruise parade tonight. Classic wooden boats on display from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. today. Invited audience. Poker run Sunday.
• Bigfork Piecemakers Quilt Show, 10 am to 4 pm, Bigfork Elementary School, 600 Commerce Street. Vendors and shop, raffle. Free entry.
• North Valley Food Bank Doors Open, 10 am to 2 pm, 251 Flathead Ave., Whitefish. Visits, updates. All welcome.
• Artists and Artisans at the 40th Annual Flathead Summer Arts and Crafts Show, 10 am to 5 pm today; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Flathead County Fairground Mall building. Free entry. Food trucks.
Special “Cozy in Kalispell” event, 1 pm to 4 pm Stroll through the shops, brasseries and restaurants and enjoy the music on the sidewalks. Activities for children at Nature Baby. Dedication of the new bicycle rack, 3 p.m., MontaVino Winery.
SUNDAY June 27
• West Glacier Fun Run fundraiser for Scott Dunnigan, 10 am, West Glacier. Register on runsignup.com before June 24.
• Artists and Artisans at the 40th Annual Flathead Summer Arts & Crafts Show, 10 am to 4 pm, Flathead County Fairground Mall Building. Free entry. Food trucks.
MONDAY June 28
• Red Cross blood drive, 1 pm-6pm at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Special meeting of the Swan River School Board at 5:00 p.m.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom. Call 752-4220.
TUESDAY June 29
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 am to 3 pm at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Polson Red Lion Inn.
• Fish, Wildlife and Parks staff provide archer demonstrations and professional training followed by shooting opportunities, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, Lone Pine State Park, Kalispell. Limited space. Call 406-755-2706 ext. 0 to register.
• BASH of the Lakeside-Somers Chamber of Commerce, 4 pm to 5 pm, organized by the West Lakeshore Library at Volunteer Park. Free for members of the chamber; $ 5 non-members.
• The Kila School Board meets at 6:00 pm on June 29th.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 am to 3 pm at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell, sponsored by Flathead Health; 11 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Saint-Joseph Medical Center.
A LOOK AT THE FUTURE
• Marion Freedom Day hosted by Marion Fire District and Marion Fire Auxiliary, 11 am July 3, Marion Fire Department. Parade on Gopher Lane, games, food, live music.
• 10th Annual Grateful Nation Montana Freedom Run, 9:00 am, July 4, Lake Baked, Bigfork. Arrival 8:00 am; runsignup.com/race/mt/bigfork
• Kruise Kalispell July 4th Parade, noon on July 4th, starting at Kalispell Mall and heading south on Main Street. Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry non-perishable food donations accepted in front of Starbucks.
• Evergreen Disposal will not change its service schedule for its customers on July 4th. Customers can expect their containers to be serviced on the day of their normal service.
• The Kalispell Public Schools Finance Committee meets at 7:30 am on July 9, district office basement.
• 32nd Annual Lakeside Community Club Fair, 9 am to 3 pm, July 10, Lakeside Elementary School gymnasium. Breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Gathering Place; garage sale and collectibles; duck races 4 p.m. Tamarack Brewery. Early bird purchases 7 to 9 p.m. July 8; go to lakesidecommunityclub.com at 6:45 p.m. to purchase a ticket.
• The Flathead Food Bank is reopening so customers can come and buy food starting July 12th. Hours are Monday through Wednesday 8 am to 12:45 pm and Thursday 1 pm to 5:45 pm Call 406-752-3663.
• The Kalispell Public Schools District Council is meeting on July 13 at 6:00 pm, Flex Room at Flathead High School.
• ImagineIF Libraries Stories and Starlight Fundraiser, 8 pm-11pm July 17, Herron Park, Kalispell. Music, treats, drinks and convenient family activities. Tickets $ 50; www.imagineiflibraryfoundation.org, call 406-314-4082 or purchase them at your local library.
• Kalispell Women’s Connection Buffet Breakfast, 11:30 am, 1830 Montana 35. Cost $ 10 per person. Speakers are Charles Pesola of the Flathead County Sheriff’s K9 Unit and Dian Norby of Missoula. Call Jan, 212-3763, or Connie, 752-5395, five days in advance for lunch and 1 week in advance for free child care reservations. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Carol Buchanan will tell the story of early Montana at 2:30 pm July 28, Kalispell Senior Center, 40 11th St. W., Suite 110. Free and open to the public.
• The event at the Rebecca Farm World Class Equestrian Triathlon, July 21-25.
• Sixth Annual Flathead Lake Run, 9 am July 31, Volunteer Park. Arrival 8:00 am 10K, 5K, 1 mile run for kids. Part of the proceeds goes to the Flathead Lakers; https://lakesidesomerschamber.org/
• Free day, August 4, Glacier Park. Entrance fees waived for the anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act.
• Whitefish Community Foundation Big Fish Launch Party, 5:30 pm August 5, Glacier Bank, Whitefish.
• The Kalispell Public Schools Special Services Committee meets at 8:30 am on August 26th.
• The Kalispell Public Schools Finance Committee meets at 7:30 am on August 20, in the district office basement.
• Kalispell Public Schools District Board working session at 6:00 pm August 24, Flathead High School Flexible Room.
• Great Fish Fun Run and cCommunity Celebration, September 11, Depot Park, Whitefish. 5 km, fun 1 mile runs, trotting, live music.
• Flathead Quilters’ Guild Garden Party 2021 Quilt Show, 9:30 am to 5 pm on September 17; 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 18, Flathead County Fairgrounds, Kalispell. Raffles, merchants, demonstrations, shop. A portion of the proceeds benefits Hear Locker.
• Free day, September 25, Glacier Park. Entrance fees waived for National Public Lands Day.
• Free day, November 11, Glacier Park. Entrance fees waived for Veterans Day.