This is your diary | News, Sports, Jobs
Do you want your own community newspaper? The one who works hard to get your news out to the public? Surprise! You already have one. In fact, you have two: the Adirondack Daily Enterprise and the weekly Lake Placid News, sister newspapers that cover the Olympic region.
Your newspapers serve the whole community: you, your friends, your family, your neighbors, your businesses, your schools, your civic organizations, etc. They are clearinghouses for information. The Company covers the Tri-Lakes villages of Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake and surrounding towns. The news covers the village of Lake Placid and the Olympic region towns of North Elba, Keene, Jay and Wilmington.
This is an open invitation to take an active role in the newspapers in your community. Send us your news.
This could be a press release on a specific topic of public interest or a more formal monthly update. The company has regular updates from groups such as Historic Saranac Lake. Some organizations, such as the Rotary Club of Lake Placid and the Ausable River Association, worked with the editor of Lake Placid News to submit a monthly column.
In any case, we want to inform our readers of your news.
PR Tip: To reach as many people as possible with your news, use a variety of tools in your PR toolbox. This includes regular posts on social media, such as Facebook, and press releases aimed at traditional media, such as News and Enterprise. The extra effort makes all the difference. After all, not everyone is on social media, and not everyone reads the local newspaper. This way you will have most of your bases covered.
Submit your news
The Adirondack Daily Enterprise and Lake Placid News invite all civic groups, clubs, community organizations, schools, government agencies and departments, and businesses to submit their press releases, event photos and calendar items for inclusion in your local newspapers.
What to send
Send press releases on your news or events using a standard press release format:
– Media contact: name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
– Release date
– Body of the text: basic notions of who, what, where, when, why and how
– A person to contact for more information, including their phone number and email address
– Caption and photo credit for attached photos
– Do not send flyers or posters and expect us to write the press release for you.
– NUMBER OF WORDS: 500 words maximum
– PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS: Jpegs @ minimum 300 ppi at 6 inches wide (size 1 to 4 MB). Horizontal photos work best. Make sure they are colorful and crisp. When you send smartphone photos, send them by email “original” Cut.
How to send
– We prefer to receive press releases by email.
– EMAIL: Send by copying the text and pasting it directly into the message (no links or attachments). Email [email protected] for ADE and [email protected] for LPN. Do not send press releases in PDF format.
When to send
– Deadline: 5 p.m. Monday (LPN)
– DEADLINES: Try to send out press releases at least two weeks before the date of the event.
– PRINT DATE: LPN is dated Friday, but it’s on newsstands Thursday. ADE is on the stands from Monday to Saturday.
Who to send news to
– ADE: send to editor Elizabeth Izzo, [email protected], 518-891-2600, x22
– LPN: send to editor Andy Flynn, [email protected]idnews.com, 518-891-2600, x26
Send calendar items to LPN and ADE.